Tuesday, October 28, 2008

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER



Over the past few months I've seen more racism than I've seen in my twenty some years on this earth. I'm not going to get into politics at this time nor will I give my opinions on the candidates or the issues that we all are facing as Americans.

I started contemplating this thing about race as it has seemed to be more prevalent or what some have ensconced have now all of a sudden been reveled. Now don't get me wrong I know that race has been around since the beginning of time it was just classified to a particular continent,tribe, or civilization. As time progressed people tried to make race out of classes or a "hierarchal class"as to say that one race is better than another.

Myself in particular try not to indulge as to categorize myself when I know that my grandfather was half American Indian, and his grandmother was half white, and from the squint in my eyes I'm pretty sure it's some Asian in my genealogy. So on my applications I would have to put "OTHER" since the choice of me being Human nor American isn't an option for me to check. I had this same conversation with a close companion of mine and his response was Native American because he was born in America; in which I LMAO.

When it comes down to it in my opinion since this is my blog, race is out of fear or hatred. Now hatred and fear are both learned emotions; no one person is born with hate or fear in their heart it could be from parents or from the media. When I say the media as we all know television,newspapers,etc. have conditioned people to think a certain way about other races or maybe their own race. I just wanted to know when were going to start thinking for ourselves and feeling for ourselves as to where a person is good hearted and stop assuming that a person is a certain way because of their race,age,economic background,or religion. We are all human and in some way or another we face the same problems. We need to start to look on the inside of a person as far as character is concerned. We are all human and we are all in this together.

3 comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

great post and i agree completely

when u gone stop by my store for dogs and have some wine with me. 572 edgewood, suite 117

MuscleDaddy said...

"Judge me by the content of my character" is all I've ever asked of anyone.

Hear my words - see my actions - ESPECIALLY when I'm outside my comfort zone and things are rough.

It warms me to read the same sentiments from you.

- MuscleDaddy

Andrina said...

I agree with you...TOTALLY.
But, since Ive lived in "the south" I have come to realize
that racist ignorance will never go away.
I work with "white" people who know every rap song hook, verse, chorus or whatnot...
But have that "old-fashion" mentality & stereotyped opinions about "black people" & "how we're ghetto"

its ridiculous